Sunday, April 8, 2012

Knitting al Fresco

After a leisurely Sunday lunch with family, the dishes are done and there's just enough time to enjoy some knitting on the balcony with a crisp breeze. I'm loving daylight savings time!
I picked up this amazing organic wool & superfine alpaca yarn in Italy but, as usual, had trouble committing it to a project. The first attempt was a scarf, but the variation in the thickness of the yarn was creating a really unintentional popcorn look. I've finally found a nice balance of stitches and the thicker part doesn't pop out as much on the knit side (vs. the purl side). It should be a lovely, albeit small, pillow when finished (and blocked!). This yarn has convinced me that it's better to start a project and take it apart rather than have its wasted potential buried in my closet.

On a side note, I bought a loaf of bread earlier this week and while the crust usually forms a nice crest on top, this one was exceptional...it made a bunny shape! 
I almost felt bad to toast it!
Happy Easter!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment